What do you know about lip augmentation? Are you unhappy with your thin lips? Do you have a lined or asymmetric lip appearance that makes you less confident about your smile? Would you like to add volume to your lips and get smooth and natural-looking results?
If you are interested in restoring your charming smile, lip augmentation is your ideal option.
Table of contents
- What is lip augmentation?
- Who is a good candidate for lip augmentation?
- Pre-operative instructions for lip augmentation
- How lip augmentation is done?
- Post-operative instructions for lip augmentation
- Lip augmentation side effects
- How much does lip augmentation cost in Turkey?
What is lip augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that reshapes the lips to achieve fuller and youthful results. The procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia depending on the type of the method, which includes filler or fat injection, or lip implants.
Filler or autologous fat injection is a non-surgical option that temporarily enhances the lips by strategically injecting filler or autologous fat extracted from the patient’s body to give a fuller appearance.
The other option is a lip implant, which is a surgical method by which soft silicone implants are inserted into lips to increase their volume and achieve a beautiful smile with semi-permanent results that last for many years.
Who is a good candidate for lip augmentation?
The right candidate for lip augmentation should meet specific criteria:
- The candidate should be in good health, don’t suffer from diabetes, lupus, or blood clotting problems.
- The candidate should not have active infections, such as oral herpes.
- The candidate should not have an allergy to the used products.
- The candidate has thin or lined lips and wants to increase its volume.
- The candidate wants to improve the appearance of the lips and get an attractive smile.
- The candidate should be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The candidate should not be a smoker.
Pre-operative instructions for lip augmentation
Before lip augmentation, you should consider these tips seriously.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications or supplements, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin, and Vitamin E for two weeks before the procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least a month before the procedure.
- You should not wear lipstick on your appointment day.
- Stop drinking alcohol for a day before the procedure.
- Stop using Retin-A for two days before the treatment.
How lip augmentation is done?
Typically, lip augmentation takes up to 30 minutes, including the following stages:
- In the beginning, the doctor will make sure to give the patient the appropriate anesthesia, either general or local depending on the method which is adopted.
- If filler or fat injection is used, the doctor will inject it strategically into the lips, giving more volume and a fuller appearance.
- In the case of lip implants, the doctor has to make tiny incisions in the corners of the mouth and will be hidden within the natural creases of the lips.
- Finally, the incisions will be closed with dissolvable sutures.
Post-operative instructions for lip augmentation
The operation success will depend on how well you follow the instructions, which will help you recover and maintain the results.
- Take your medications prescribed by your doctor. Usually, the medicines include some antibiotics and painkillers.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treated area after the treatment.
- Keep elevating your head for two hours directly after the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun or high heat for three days after the procedure.
- Continue to stay away from smoking or drinking alcohol after the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water to help your body recover.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours after the procedure.
- Don’t use lipstick for 24 hours after the treatment.
- It is recommended to apply an ice pack to your lips to reduce swelling and feel more comfortable.
Lip augmentation side effects
Lip augmentation may be associated with some temporary side effects including:
- Swelling and bruising
- Redness and cold sores
- Lip asymmetry
How much does lip augmentation cost in Turkey?
Lip augmentation cost varies depending on the method and materials used in the procedure. Generally speaking, the cost of lip augmentation in Turkey is between $200 and $1000.