Beard Hair Transplantation
Why beard transplants in Turkey? The beard is a symbol of male dominance and handsomeness, so most men love to grow a thick and charming beard to have the best possible male appearance. However, since growing a beard is not guaranteed for everyone due to different reasons, such as genetics, burns, and scarring, a hair transplant in Turkey can be an effective way to ensure a beautiful and full beard.
Table of contents
- What is a beard hair transplant?
- Who is a good candidate for a beard hair transplant?
- Beard transplant per op instructions
- How does a beard transplant work?
- Beard transplant post-op instructions
What is a beard hair transplant?
Beard transplant is a cosmetic procedure in which follicles are extracted from the donor area, which is mostly the back of your scalp, and transplanted to the jawline where you suffer from baldness.
To make sure that the patient’s beard seems fuller and thicker, we adopt the DHI technique which depends on high technology called “Choi pen”. By Choi implanter, the grafts are implanted individually with the right angle, direction, and depth. DHI is a very effective technique for transplanting follicles to the recipient area; the jawline.
Who is a good candidate for a beard transplant?
The right candidate for beard hair transplant should be:
- Over 25 years old.
- In good general health
- The donor area, in which the grafts are extracted, should have healthy follicles.
- The patient suffers from bald or thinning patches in his beard.
- The patient wants to grow a fuller, thicker beard.
- The patient wants to get a fuller, thicker mustache.
Beard transplant pre-op instructions
Before the beard transplantation, the patient should commit some important instructions:
- Certain medicines must be stopped, including aspirins or anti-inflammatory drugs at least for a week prior to the surgery.
- The patient should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- The patient should stop drinking alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks, including tea and coffee for a week before the procedure.
- Blood-thinning medications should be avoided for two weeks before the procedure.
- The patient should avoid blood-thinning drinks, such as green tea.
- B or E vitamins must be stopped for a week before the transplant, in order to avoid excessive bleeding during the operation.
How does a beard transplant work?
Let’s have a deep look at how the mechanism of beard transplant works. The stages of beard hair transplantation are:
- Firstly, the doctor draws the beard hairline and determines the required number of grafts for jawline implanting.
- The patient carries out the medical tests, which include blood and dermatology tests, to know if the patient can be a good candidate for beard transplantation.
- Hair shaving: in the DHI technique, the donor area is trimmed or shaved, so the doctor can extract the hair follicles comfortably.
- Anesthesia: the patient will be administered with local anesthesia, which stops the pain feeling during the transplantation.
- Follicles extracting: the doctor will extract the hair follicles from the donor area one by one using a micromotor device.
- The final stage: the Choi pen will be used to transplant the follicles. First, it is loaded with a graft. Then, with a click on the plunger of the pen, it can open a channel in the bald area and implant the hair graft in it concurrently.
Beard transplant post-op instructions
Here are some important post-operative instructions which help the patient ensure ideal results and get a speedy recovery.
- Keep wearing the head bandage for 2 days after the procedure.
- Take the medications which are prescribed by the doctor. They will help you get well.
- Avoid touching the transplanted area.
- Try to keep the head straight as possible and sleep in a semi-vertical position for 5 days.
- Don’t wash the hair or have a shower for 3 days after the procedure
- Stay away from strenuous physical activities for at least a week.
- Avoid sun exposure and bad weather for a month after the procedure.
- Avoid smoking for 2 months after the transplantation.
- Don’t swim for 3 months after the procedure.
What is a beard hair transplant cost in Turkey 2022?
When you are thinking about performing a beard transplant, Turkey should be on your top priority countries list.
- Turkey is one of the best destinations in the world when it comes to beard transplant costs.
- The beard transplant cost in Turkey is considered cheap in comparison with the European countries and the USA.
- Of course, it has nothing to do with the quality, Turkey is full of reputable cosmetic clinics which offer high-quality medical services at very reasonable prices.
- There are two crucial reasons behind the low beard transplant cost in Turkey, involving the low cost of living and continuous Turkish Lira depreciation against the dollar.
- Therefore, since Turkey can offer cosmetic services at very competitive prices, it will always be the most dominant country that attracts foreigners from all around the world.
- Generally, the average price of a beard transplant is around $1000.