Is breast augmentation in Turkey the right choice for you?
Are you embarrassed about your breast size which does not fit the rest of your body? Have you experienced weight loss that leads to smaller breast size? If you have one of these breast issues and want more central, firmer breasts with the ideal size and position, you should consider breast augmentation in Turkey.
Tables of contents
- What is breast augmentation?
- Who is a good candidate for breast augmentation?
- What breast augmentation can do?
- Pre-operative instructions for breast augmentation
- How does breast augmentation work?
- Breast augmentation recovery
- Post-operative instructions for breast augmentation
- Breast augmentation side effects
- How long does breast augmentation last?
- What is the difference between breast augmentation and implants?
- Is breast augmentation painful?
- Will breast augmentation affect breastfeeding?
- Is breast augmentation safe?
- Can breast augmentation be done with local anesthesia?
- Can breast augmentation cause cancer?
- When breast implants are removed?
- How long after breast augmentation can they be touched?
- How long after breast augmentation can I swim?
- How long after breast augmentation can I sleep on my side?
- Breast augmentation risks
- How much does breast augmentation cost in Turkey?
What is breast augmentation?
A breast augmentation operation is also known as a boob job. It is carried out to enlarge the breast by inserting a silicone or saline implant into the breast area in a way that restores fullness and firmness to the breasts.
Who is a good candidate for breast augmentation?
You are the right candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You would like to improve your sagging breast shape due to pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You want to increase your breast size and volume.
- The size of your breasts does not match your body.
- You are bothered by your droopy breasts.
- You have asymmetrical breasts and want to enhance their appearance.
What breast augmentation can do?
Breast augmentation has a set of distinct benefits that make it one of the most preferred cosmetic procedures for women in general. But it is also important to know that like any plastic surgery, it is not without some risks and side effects. The matter applies completely to breast augmentation, as it also includes some defects and complications. Take a look at the most important advantages and disadvantages of breast augmentation.
Breast augmentation can help you:
- Increase your breast size and make it fuller.
- Improve the balance of your upper body.
- A great solution to compensate for the reduction in the size of your breasts after pregnancy or high weight loss.
- Encourage you to dress the way you like comfortably.
- Restore your confidence in your body.
Pre-operative instructions for breast augmentation
Even if you are the right candidate for breast augmentation, you still need to follow some important instructions to ensure a safe operation.
- You should carry out some laboratory tests before the operation, so you can
- make sure that breast surgery is the right option for you.
- You should stop taking medicines that contain aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, anti-inflammatory, or Vitamin E that lead to blood thinning.
- You should stop drinking alcohol or coffee for a week before the operation because it might cause some complications after the anesthesia.
- You should stop eating or drinking the night before the surgery.
- You should avoid smoking for at least two weeks before the operation. Nicotine products may affect the results of your surgery and hamper the healing process.
- It is better to follow a healthy diet before undergoing the operation.
How does breast augmentation work?
Generally, the procedure takes about 2-4 hours, going through the following stages:
- Firstly, you will receive general anesthesia, which makes sure that you fall into a deep sleep during the surgery.
- To insert the breast saline or silicone implants into the breast area, an incision is made either in the crease under the breast implant, or around the nipple, the armpit area. Choosing the area of the incision depends on the breast condition and the patient’s desires.
- Then, the breast tissue is separated from the muscles creating a pocket either in front of or behind the pectoral muscle to place the breast implant.
- Finally, your surgeon will close your incisions with dissolvable stitches.
Breast augmentation recovery
After breast augmentation, you are most likely to experience some soreness and swelling that last for three to four weeks. Furthermore, bruising may also be one additional side effect that comes with breast augmentation.
To promote your healing process and hold your breast implant, you will be encouraged to wear a compression bandage and take your painkillers in case you feel uncomfortable.
Post-operative instructions for breast augmentation
Getting the best results and fast breast augmentation recovery depends also on the following post-operative instructions:
- You should wear the compression garment or dressing which are prescribed by your doctor, which may help you relieve the swelling.
- It is recommended to avoid normal activities for 2 weeks.
- You should avoid strenuous activity for 6 weeks after the operation.
- You should start a brief walk, it helps you reduce swelling and decrease the risk of blood clots
- You take your medicines, such as pain medications and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.
- You should avoid tanning for 6 weeks after the operation.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation, as it delays the healing process.
- Avoid direct sunlight to the incision and use sunscreen which helps you reduce the visibility of scars.
- Going back to your normal lifestyle may not help with maintaining the operation’s results, it is recommended to follow a healthy and balanced diet.
Breast augmentation side effects
Generally, breast surgery is associated with some complications such as:
- Scars usually go away over time.
- Breast pain
- Loss or changes in the sensation around the nipple or breast area.
- Possibility of implant position changes.
- Implant leakage.
How long does breast augmentation last?
Breast augmentation typically lasts for a long period, but not a lifetime. At some point your breasts may be changed by many factors, such as age, weight loss, or weight gain, or your breast implant itself may be affected for some reason disturbing the breast profile. In both cases, you may need further surgery to replace or maintain your implant.
What is the difference between breast augmentation and implants?
The difference between breast augmentation and an implant is that an implant is one of the most common methods by which breast augmentation is done. A breast implant is a medical device that is implanted into the breast area to increase its size. On the other hand, breast augmentation can involve breast implants or fat transfer -breast augmentation with fat transfer- to achieve a bigger breast size.
Is breast augmentation painful?
Breast augmentation involves surgical intervention, so you are most likely to experience pain during the first week. However, the medication that your surgeon has given can manage your pain. After a week of the operation, you may still feel pain, but at a minimal level.
Will breast augmentation affect breastfeeding?
When you do breast augmentation, you can still breastfeed your baby. In general, breastfeeding is also affected by the implant’s size, location, and the type of incision. In case the incisions are under the breast in the crease area or under the arm, you are most likely to not face any breastfeeding issues. However, if the incision is around the nipple, it may affect your ability to breastfeed due to milk duct damage.
Is breast augmentation safe?
When it comes to the safety of breast implants, both silicone and saline implants are FDA-approved for increasing breast size and demonstrate acceptable levels of safety. However, like other plastic surgeries, it is still associated with certain risks, including breast implant illness, scarring, breast pain, and infection. All those risks can be minimized or avoided by choosing the right place to do your breast augmentation.
Can breast augmentation be done with local anesthesia?
Breast augmentation can be done under either local anesthesia or general anesthesia. If it is performed under local anesthesia, the patient stays awake, while the breast area is numbed to feel no pain during the surgery. In the case of general anesthesia which is preferable by most women, the patient will fall into a deep sleep during the operation.
Can breast augmentation cause cancer?
Generally speaking, breast augmentation with implants does not lead to breast cancer. Some experts mention that a type of breast implant might increase the chance of ALCL, but the potential of getting it is still very low.
When breast implants are removed?
Breast implants can last 15 years after the operation, but not for a lifetime. At some point, you will need to exchange or remove them due to certain reasons, such as scar tissue hardening or implant leakage. Sometimes, breast implant removal surgery is done just up to the patient’s needs and desires.
How long after breast augmentation can they be touched?
Most plastic doctors advise their patients to avoid breast touching or fondling for 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery. During this period, the breasts should be supported since they are so sensitive.
How long after breast augmentation can I swim?
Swimming in a pool or sea requires waiting at least a month after your breast augmentation. It is also important to take care of your incision by wearing sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to minimize the appearance of the breast augmentation scar.
How long after breast augmentation can I sleep on my side?
When it comes to the right way you sleep after your breast augmentation, you are advised to avoid sleeping on your side for 6 weeks. Instead, sleeping on your back can help you promote the healing process of your breasts, preventing pressure or strain might be applied to them.
How much does breast augmentation cost in Turkey?
The breast augmentation price might vary depending on the implant type. However, the average breast augmentation cost is around $3450. Breast augmentation may also be done with lifting, and definitely, the cost will be different.