Why eyebrow transplant in Turkey? Eyebrows add remarkable beauty to your look, complement your eyes wonderfully and highlight your facial features. However, some people are forbidden from enjoying such a charming endowment due to several reasons, including genetics, aging, hormonal abnormalities, or scarring.
So, if you have unaesthetic eyebrows, suffer from thin or scarred ones, or even completely missing, you should think seriously about performing an eyebrow transplant!
Table of contents
- What is an eyebrow transplant?
- Who is a good candidate for eyebrow transplant?
- Pre-operative instructions for eyebrow transplant
- How does eyebrow transplant work?
- Post-operative instructions for eyebrow transplant
- How much does eyebrow transplant cost in Turkey 2022?
What is an eyebrow transplant?
Eyebrow transplant is a cosmetic procedure that restores hair eyebrows by extracting single follicular grafts from the back of the head, which is the best donor area, and transplanting them in the recipient area (the baldness site).
Eyebrow transplant is performed under local anesthesia, using the DHI technique. DHI technique is an effective method that can open very tiny channels in the eyebrow area and implant the grafts accurately. It ensures natural eyebrows with ideal direction and angle.
Who is a good candidate for eyebrow transplant?
The right candidate for the eyebrow transplant:
- People who enjoy good general health.
- People are over 25 years old.
- People who have overly thin or completely missing eyebrows.
- People who suffer from scarred eyebrows
- People who want to reshape their eyebrow appearance.
Pre-operative instructions for eyebrow transplant
In order to be ready for your eyebrow transplant, you should follow these important instructions:
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop using certain medicines, including aspirins or anti-inflammatory drugs at least for a week before the surgery.
- Taking blood-thinning medications is a serious problem for transplant, so you should stop taking any types of these medicines for two weeks before the transplant.
- You should stop drinking alcoholic beverages or any caffeinated drinks, including tea and coffee for a week prior to the transplant.
- You should avoid blood-thinning drinks, such as green tea.
- You should avoid taking B or E vitamins for a week prior to the transplant, to avoid any bleeding which may happen during the transplant process.
How does eyebrow transplant work?
The eyebrow hair transplant goes through six steps:
- The first step: The doctor precisely shapes the brow to fit your eyes and facial appearance. Then, he defines the number of grafts required for implanting the eyebrow perfectly.
- The second step: The doctor administers the medical tests to the patient, which includes blood and dermatology tests.
- The third step: since the eyebrow transplant is based on the DHI technique, the doctor will shave or trim the back and the side of your scalp, preparing the patient for the follicles picking process.
- The fourth step: in this stage, the patient will receive local anesthesia, so he can feel comfortable while the doctor is picking the single follicular units from the donor area.
- The fifth step: the doctor should be very careful during this stage, in which the follicles are picked from the donor area using a micromotor device.
- The sixth step: DHI is the best technique for eyebrow transplantation. It depends on the Choi pen that can open a tiny channel and implant the graft in it simultaneously.
Post-operative instructions for eyebrow transplant
There are some important instructions the patient should follow to ensure satisfying results. He should:
- keep wearing the head bandage for 2 days after the procedure.
- Take the medications that are prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid touching the transplanted eyebrows.
- Keep the head straight for a period of time.
- Sleep in a semi-vertical position for 5 days.
- Not wash his/her hair or have a shower for 3 days after the transplant.
- Avoid strenuous activities for at least a week
- Avoid the sun or bad weather conditions for a month after the transplant.
- Avoid smoking for 2 months after the transplantation.
- Stop swimming for 3 months after the transplant.
How much does eyebrow transplant cost in Turkey 2022?
Eyebrow transplant is usually done with a DHI technique that is considered more expensive than other techniques . In general, the cost of eyebrow transplant in Turkey is around $1000.